Phonics: A Guide for Teachers
This useful classroom resource helps teachers create a fun and interesting phonics program that can be integrated with other elements of a balanced literacy program.
Phonological skills and knowledge play an important role in the process of learning to read.
Instruction in phonics should begin in Kindergarten, but the level of phonological awareness that children have at school entry is highly variable. This book helps in the delivery of teaching phonics to children as they learn to read and then read to learn.
Topics covered in the book include:
- phonics and the literacy program
- about phonics
- how phonics works
- approaches used to teach phonics
- developing a phonics program
- helping parents understand phonics
- activities and games
- online resources
- glossary of terms.
- Years: Kindergarten (Early Stage 1), Years 1 and 2 (Stage 1), Years 3 and 4 (Stage 2), Years 5 and 6 (Stage 3)
- Format: Printed
- Weight: 220 grams